Breakfast for a loved one in bed is an exquisite compliment, a pleasant trifle and a romantic start to the day, a smooth and gentle transition from the world of night dreams into reality. You can have breakfast without leaving a warm comfort beds. A breakfast table in bed will add comfort and ease to the morning meal - you can safely enjoy the morning coffee (tea), not worrying about the cleanliness and safety of bed linen.
- Bedside table: design features
- Breakfast table: choose the material
- We select the design
- Versatility and Variability
However, the bedside table has a rather utilitarian purpose - it is indispensable in caring for patients with limited mobility, when a person simply can not leave the bed.
Recently, the most popular is a kind of symbiosis, two in one - a bedside table and a table-stand for a laptop. Quite often they have built-in fans that work from the USB connector of the computer. But even just a table-stand solves the main problem of a laptop - heat removal, because if you simply put the laptop on the bed (blanket), its ventilation holes are blocked and it starts to overheat. At best, this will cause a malfunction and emergency shutdown, at worst - expensive repairs.
Bedside table: design features
The design of the bedside table is quite simple - the table top, enclosed in the fringing of the sides, and the legs. However, there are some peculiarities here:
- feet - fixed or folding. Folding legs make the table more versatile and mobile, it can be folded into an ordinary tray. But models with fixed legs are much more stable, which is important for the surface of the bed far from smoothness. In addition, there are models with adjustable legs
- the side - high enough, will not allow the cup (plate) to slide off the table top. And even if something spills, the rim will hold the liquid
The most stable coffee tables, having legs-skids.
- well, if the bedside table has pens - so it's easier to carry
- countertop - the field of activity for the imagination of designers. It can be as a usual plywood, and a mosaic panel, a relief pattern, a tinted (frosted) glass and even variants with a natural (artificial) skin. To make the table as practical as possible, some manufacturers include plastic mats - they protect the table top from high temperatures
- in the table-stands, the table top consists of two parts - one with adjustable angle of inclination, the second - fixed, often has a special recess for reliable fixation of the installed cup
Breakfast table: choose the material
Traditional material for making breakfast tables is wood: oak, ash, maple, pine or more expensive - mahogany or cedar. In this case, the surface is specially processed, so that it can be washed easily without absorbing moisture and odors. It is desirable that the table top be covered with a special heat-resistant varnish - then cups and plates with hot contents will not leave any annoying marks on it. The main drawback of such tables is that they are quite heavy and massive, although, on the other hand, it can be counted as a virtue - it adds stability to them.
Advice! Tables of hevea (rubber tree) - native to Africa are fairly common, such wood, even without varnish, is resistant to spilled moisture and temperature changes. The table itself is very durable and light in weight.
However, today the market can pick up a bed for breakfast in bed and other materials:
- bamboo - from wooden analogues it is pleasantly distinguished by a small weight and special grace. From the bamboo can be executed as the table top itself, and the entire table as a whole. Light colors of bamboo are perfect for interiors in different styles, but most importantly - it is indispensable for oriental style, especially for Japanese. It is known that this style is characterized by minimalism in relation to furniture and there are practically no tables in the usual sense for us. Therefore, on the one hand, such a table will be easy to hide, but on the other hand it will not break the general aesthetic and stylistic harmony. Such a table can additionally be decorated with small straw mats
- glass table tops - from transparent, tinted or colored glass, they are not scratched, long retaining an attractive appearance and hygienic - easy to clean
- plastic - a universal and lightweight material, convenient for receiving tables in a non-standard version, in the original form factor. Another advantage is the rich color palette. The vast majority of tables are monolithic models. Plastic table beds are also in demand to care for patients - they are easy to take care of at such tables, they are simply washed and disinfected, so when feeding it is not terrible if some of the food falls on the countertop
- metal - chrome plated or powder-coated paint (very firmly held, not scraped and not scratched). Most models of metal - this is initially a table-stand for a computer. Due to the simplicity of design and manufacture, as well as inexpensive material, these models are in demand due to the attractive price
We select the design
The design of the table depends on the taste preferences of its owner, and, importantly, the design directions in which the bedroom is made and where in the future it will be necessary to "serve" the table:
- French Provence - maple tree and light colors. On the table top, a drawing made in engineering decoupage. Bortics - "rural", deliberately rough, imitating the untreated wood
- classic - a somewhat massive, laconic table of pine or oak, colors - natural, preference is given to saturated tones: rich brown, chocolate. Ornaments - a minimum, with the exception of the sides - they can be carved, figured
- minimalism - complete lack of decor, table top - glass or wooden. The overall clarity and straightness of the lines can be slightly diluted by the original rails or by the special bending of the legs.
Versatility and Variability
Folding table for breakfast - a thing quite versatile, which can be used outside of the bedroom:
- picnic table - due to its compact dimensions, folding (retractable) legs and light weight, this table is useful for trips to nature, cottage or picnic. Not always in the nature you can find a fairly flat surface, and tipping cups (especially plastic, disposable) - quite often a nuisance. Why the picnic turns into finding a place where the dishes will not turn over. And if, next to the children, also frolic, the task becomes more complicated many times. On a stable, level surface, the table will be both convenient to prepare and serve ready meals. Plus - fewer fly-insects and insects crawl on the table.
Advice! The table can be used as a stand for table games - you can play with the children without getting out of bed. It is convenient to collect puzzles on it - high enough skirts will guarantee that not a single piece of the picture will be lost.
- "Economic" table - a solution to the dilemma, when you need to prepare food, but do not want to miss your favorite TV show (series). Sitting in chair and putting a table on his knees, you can clean and cut the vegetables.