Many consider black color too gloomy for use in interior design, and its combination with white is too frilly, cold and deprived of joy, comfort. However, in recent years, the duo of these two colors are often used in the decoration of premises, for example, living room, hallway. But the most popular is the design of the bathroom in black and white.
- Features black and white bathroom
- Advantages and disadvantages of a black and white bathroom
- Rules for the design of black and white interior
- Features of black and white interior in rooms of different sizes
Features black and white bathroom
For those who decided to make the bathroom black and white, it is important to understand that if these products are used inappropriately and incorrectly colors there is a risk of turning this room into a gloomy storage room. Go into such a room and luxuriate in fragrant warm water certainly will not want.
The use of black and white scales is possible in the classical interior design, in hi-tech style or Art Nouveau, Vintage or Art Deco. No other style of the premises does not accept such a sharp contrast and even some scarcity of shades in the design.
Determining the choice of design direction is quite easy:
- High-tech is the predominance of rectangular shapes in the bathroom and a minimum of accessories. Furniture, plumbing, mirrors - everything has strict, clear outlines, with straight angles.
- Art Deco is a monumentality, a luxury. All items are pompous, on curved pedestals, imitating carved legs of wood or stone.
- Modern - plasticity, lack of symmetry and repetition in objects, the use of plant or geometric ornaments, the presence of stained glass, for example, glass shower cabin.
- Vintage - a skillful and tactful combination of antiquity and modernity. The bathroom will look great fixtures "Under the old days" next to the plumbing of the latest model in a strict color scheme.
- Classic is the simplest solution if you plan a black and white bathroom interior. it tile in the bathroom on the floor and walls, massive plumbing from porcelain, luxurious minimalism in decoration and luxurious but not flashy accessories. Despite such high, at first glance, requirements, it is not even a professional who can successfully form such an interior.
Advantages and disadvantages of a black and white bathroom
Despite the fact that only two colors are used in the decor, the flight of fantasy is almost unlimited. Depending on what goals are pursued, you can vary colors and create a unique design of the room. This is the main advantage of using the duo black and white.
In addition, such an interior will never go out of fashion and will surprise the guests. Yes, and change or refresh it simply - just increase the volume of one of the colors, and the room will look completely different. For example, you can replace the seat toilet bowl or liner in the bathroom, curtain or light source, add a stylish accessory.
Even psychologists believe that the use of these flowers in a room where most people seek comfort and relaxation is optimal. First, they do not get bored. Secondly, they are able to adjust to the mood of a person - gloomy people subconsciously distinguish black, and optimists - white. That is, both those and others will always be satisfied.
Lack of bathroom in black and white has only one - any pollution and any speck will be noticeable, and remove such a room will have much more often.
Rules for the design of black and white interior
Useful! Tile for toilet - what kind of tiles, tile sizes, material quality, tiling, design, color, 46 photos
When planning the interior in these two contrasting colors, several rules must be observed.
- If on the floor with black color you can safely experiment, then when decorating the walls you need to be careful. Busting black will create a depressing environment, so think every little thing, consider several options for finishing.
- The brute force on the walls and ceiling will visually reduce the size of the room. If its presence is supposed to be on the ceiling, then only in the painting of light sources, in the form mosaics or stucco, imitating expensive woods, around lamps. The best option is white walls and black plumbing.
- If combined bathroom, then using a contrasting color game you can zoner the room. Those areas that you want to hide must be dark, and those that need to be shown are white with black ornaments. If you do not want to make a contrast and allocate something, you can distinguish the room with vertical black or white stripes on the floor, walls, ceiling.
Features of black and white interior in rooms of different sizes
The black and white design of large and small bathrooms has significant differences. In a small room, the main color should be white. This will significantly expand the space, visually increase it. "Lift" the ceiling will help the vertical dark stripes on the walls. And they should in no case be reflected in the mirror, which will be placed in the bathroom. Before decorating the walls, you need to determine where it will hang. Expand the narrow room will help the black longitudinal and white transverse walls. Plumbing should be white, shelves for courtship and bath accessories - transparent. As decoration items in a small bathroom you can use thin metal accessories, crystal, that is all that will create the effect of weightlessness. And - a lot of light!
Create a black and white interior in a spacious bathroom is much easier. You can play with contrasts as you like! You can make three walls of the same color, and dilute them with ornaments, mosaics, stained glass. Dark plumbing fixtures and accessories do not make heavy and do not cloud the interior. Contour furniture, mirror rims, accessories and even the inside and outside of the bathroom can be contrasting.
Useful! Glass sliding curtains for bathroom - Varieties, installation principles, color and textural solutions, pros and cons of glass blinds