Clean and bright space, sparkling with whiteness, is an ideal solution for design of the bathroom. Therefore, interest in Scandinavian style, allowing to combine comfort and practicality, is still relevant. How to implement such a project and what is required for this?
- Finishing Materials
- Plumbing and furniture
- Decor and Accessories
One of the main features Scandinavian style is the availability of a spacious room, in which significant changes are planned. The minimal quantity of pieces of furniture and accessories allows to receive characteristic stylistics. But do not give up your preferences, if the area of the bathroom is far from the required size. After all, strict observance of all the rules is not necessary, even the introduction of certain elements of the northern style will be appropriate.
Finishing materials should be given almost the closest attention, because they give the interior an individual and an atmosphere. A special place in the design of Scandinavian countries is given to timber, without which there is not a single interior. Since the features of the bathroom climate do not allow the use of wood in large quantities, it should play an additional role. For these purposes, they are perfect lockers, bedside table or table.
Advice! At high humidity and small dimensions of the room it is better to choose laminated chipboard.
The most practical material is tile, especially since a huge selection allows you to choose any texture and appearance. Excellent looks hexagonal tiles of light colors in combination with dark floor. A wood-tile - this is a wonderful imitation, helping to create the necessary entourage, without sacrificing practicality.
Despite the huge selection of colors, patterns and textures, It is worth remembering that the Scandinavian style philosophy assumes a certain restraint and rigor in the design.
Advice! If the bathroom is not spacious enough for the implementation of the Scandinavian style, you can abandon the bathroom, leaving only shower cabin. Its glass surface looks stylish, modern and allows you to save every centimeter of the area.
Plumbing and furniture
When choosing items of interior it is important to follow a general concept, as each element helps in creating the necessary stylistics. The main rule of the Scandinavian style is the minimal amount of furniture, which is distinguished by its simplicity and ergonomics.
For the situation of the bathroom you will need:
- Bath. For this style, the use of a shower is most common, but the bathtub can easily find its place. Elegant looks oval shape, recessed into the floor of a specially created pedestal. Bath in the style of SPA - this is an excellent solution for spacious rooms.
- Toilet. The most successful option is a hanging design, since such a compact design looks modern.
- Sink. It is desirable to stay on a white model of a simple form that does not take up much space.
- Shower cabin. If there is a bath, the shower is not necessary. But if you want and the possibilities of placing a shower with a glass partition is definitely not superfluous.
- Cabinet or shelves. Simple, simple "tree-like" structures without carved elements.
- Mixers. It is preferable to choose models of strict lines, without carved cranes and gilded sputtering. Traditional forms, simplicity of execution and good ergonomics are all that is necessary for the Scandinavian style.
- Stool or bench. The presence of a chair in the bathroom is not necessary, but if such an object is necessary, it is better to choose simple furniture made of wood that harmoniously fits into the interior.
Advice! In a small washroom for storing laundry perfectly fit the built-in structures. A limited area requires special attention in the organization of space, since any trifle must be correctly placed.
Decor and Accessories
Elements of decor for the Scandinavian interior pick up is not difficult, especially when you consider that in the room is dominated by white color. Therefore, accessories can be in a palette that matches the style, or become a bright accent. Fans of the classic cold interior should stick to the gray, light blue and brown scale. And if you want to diversify the interior, you can add some textiles of bright green, lavender or sand color.
Besides mats and towels in the bathroom are necessary mirror, which is an important detail of the interior and must fully comply with the general idea. It is desirable to choose a mirror of simple form in neat frame made of wood or completely without frame. The accessory should not be cumbersome and pretentious, only strict and concise models.
Advice! A garbage bucket should also not attract attention, so a metal casing with a pedal is suitable.
Designers are advised to decorate the bathroom with greens to slightly revitalize the interior. On a white background very effectively look houseplants. And for their location is suitable for almost any place.
On a note! As a rule, flowers are placed next to a sink or on a shelf, if the plant is curling. In those cases where the bath is located on the pedestal, a pot of flowers will help decorate the surrounding space.
Advice! Pay attention to every detail: soap dishes, dispensers for soap, brushes for glasses, a holder for paper should be carefully chosen and harmoniously combined with the interior, otherwise the style will be broken.