Corridor in the apartment - this is the place where special requirements are put to the lighting. And not only because it does not exist windows, which means natural light. It is from the corridor that a person leaves for the street and is convinced that everything is in order with his appearance.
- Specificity of the room
- Important details
- Types of lighting
- Features of lighting rooms of different shapes
- Mirror Lighting
- Interesting lighting solutions
- Technical aspects
- Important recommendations
- 1 Specificity of the room
- 2 Important details
- 3 Types of lighting
- 4 Features of lighting rooms of different shapes
- 5 Mirror Lighting
- 6 Interesting lighting solutions
- 7 Technical aspects
- 8 Important recommendations
- 9 Illumination in the corridor of the apartment: conclusion
Specificity of the room
When choosing a lighting option, the corridor is a very problematic place in the apartment. But despite a lot of features, you can choose the right lighting solution even for the most specific in form of rooms.
Note! Lighting in hallway apartments can be made not just comfortable, but unique, highlighting all the attractive sides of the interior.
In addition, that lighting can present the room in a favorable light, it is able to hide shortcomings, some kind of disharmony. Correctly selected lighting fixtures manage to unite all the premises in the apartment, which in one way or another merge in the corridor.
Before you go to the store and choose a lamp, you need to know some of the selection rules, namely:
- The power of lighting should not be more than in other rooms. In order to minimize the effect on the eyes, it is better to choose the same color temperature and type of light (white, yellow).
- Dim and narrow corridor creates a depressing impression, and I do not want to return to such an apartment. In addition, poor lighting does not allow you to consider your appearance before you leave the house.
- To ensure sufficient light and at the same time, there are no big bills for electricity, it is worth using energy-saving lamps.
- Too bright light irritates the eyes and blurs.
- The source of light must be selected based on the total apartment interior.
- Light in the corridor, regardless of its size, should be distributed evenly.
Note! Hanging plafonds in the corridor are inappropriate.
Types of lighting
Select the lighting for the hallway (corridor) in the apartment you need, based on the size of the room. Most often they are long and narrow. You need to maximally disguise this feature, which will visually balance the space.
Advice! Popular Today Spotlights It should be located in the corridor as evenly as possible - so the lighting will become cozy.
In the corridor, as in any other room, general and local lighting should be done. Using only one type will be incorrect. Local lighting can include:
- floor lamps;
- spotlights that draw attention to individual details in the interior. For example, illumination of the picture, zones near the mirror, etc..
As for the main lighting, it is worth choosing such that they are fixed close to the ceiling. Suitable and those whose light is directed to the ceiling. Too massive, long luminaires will be constantly bruised when opening the doors cabinet. Among the spotlights are:
- Floor lamps.
- Hidden Illumination.
Advice! The best solution for the corridor is the diffused light. For this, it is necessary to choose the main and local light fixtures with frosted plafonds, which are directed upwards to the ceiling.
Due to the fact that the light is reflected from the light ceiling, the lighting will be soft and in sufficient quantity.
Features of lighting rooms of different shapes
Lighting should also be selected based on the shape of the corridor. In modern apartments there are hallways of this type:
- square or L-shaped.
For each type of hallway has its own recommendations and winning decisions.
Exactly long and narrow corridor in the apartment will require special tricks (in the photo) in the lighting, there is already a couple of wall sconces can not do.
Lighting will help to correct the space and visually balance it. The best solution is spotlights, not only on the ceiling, but also along the wall at a height of 20-30 cm from the floor.
- 2 lamps above the front door.
- Ceiling "points" along the entire length with the same distance from each other.
- Lighting devices built in cupboard. This is not a design refinement, but an improvement in functionality.
Advice! Original large matte lamps, alternating with spotlights, will look original.
If the corridor is narrow, and the ceiling is high, then it is worthwhile using another method - to place the lighting on the walls, without mounting the ceiling at all. Such a decision will make the corridor visually wider, while the ceilings are lower. In too narrow it is necessary to mount lighting, for example, a wall sconce only on one wall.
If several types of lighting are planned, it is worthwhile to feed them from different switches - this will allow to include not all at once, but separately.
In such a room, it is worth dividing the lighting into general and local lighting. Central in the composition will be ceiling chandelier with a matt lampshade. If the corridor is mounted suspended ceiling, then you can equip the spotlights. With local illumination it is important not to overdo it, then the room will look attractive.
Square, L-shaped corridor
The square is considered an ideal form, and for the corridor this rule also works. The square hallway is the most convenient to cover. Here it is possible to hang the original chandelier in the center, and it will be the main light source. If done in this room two-level suspended ceiling, then you can organize the light with LED strip. Another original solution will be the location on the ceiling at the corners of the rotary lamps, without a central instrument. Such lighting can be used simultaneously - both basic and local.
L-shaped corridor is divided into functional areas, grouping in them lighting of different types. The main one is not far from the front door. Local zones - near the cabinet, mirrors, decorative elements, etc.
Practically in every hallway or corridor there is a mirror that needs to be illuminated correctly to look at it comfortably. And for this you need to follow several rules:
- You can fix the lamp on wall near the mirror or on the surface of the mirror. This will reflect the light rays and thereby make the room even more pleasing to the eye.
- If there is enough light near the mirror, you can examine yourself in detail.
- The flow of light will be perceived by the human eye comfortably, if the lamp is placed in the upper part of the frame.
- It is best to choose a simple lamp with a soft diffusing light.
- A good solution will be a rotary fixture or such that they have retractable flexible brackets.
Note! The lighting of this zone is designed not to replace the main lighting, but to supplement it.
Interesting lighting solutions
Options, how to illuminate the corridor, the mass. It all depends on what style of decoration is in the room, what the owner's preferences and mood are. Options:
- The maximum illumination of the corridor in the apartment (photo) can be, using fixtures that fit tightly to the ceiling. This glow will come not only from the lamp, but also from the snow-white ceiling.
- Installation of the cornice and installation of an LED strip in it can expand the space of a small corridor.
- The original solution is the use of a translucent false ceiling. In this case, lighting devices will be hidden behind it, and light will come from the entire surface of the ceiling.
- When installing the instruments, it is immediately necessary to determine the location of the functional zones and how they will be illuminated. Spot lights can make the corridor cozy.
- Spots are a modern solution. Small halogen light sources can be placed on the cornice wardrobe. It is very convenient for finding clothes in the closet, besides this solution is very stylish.
Wiring must be a person with relevant skills. Without proper skills, it is better not to experiment with electricity.
When laying the wiring it is necessary to make a stock. This refers to the supply of wires in case there is a need to add fixtures. And this applies not only to the liner for lamps, but also for switches.
As for the switches, they should be projected immediately. In the case where the corridor is very long, it is worth considering the possibility of switching on / off from two places. In order to provide convenience, the optimal solution - Connect lighting devices to the motion sensor: when entering the corridor, they will fire and the light will turn on. And as soon as the sensor stops recording movements, the light goes out.
From what kind of corridor or hallway, guests will judge the owners, because this is the first room they fall into. In order to create a positive image from the first seconds, in lighting it is necessary to withstand such rules:
- Light should be the same as in other rooms.
- Local and basic lighting should be combined.
- If the ceilings are high, you can use chandeliers.
- For low ceilings, wall sconces or maximum flat ceiling lights will be the optimal solution.
Illumination in the corridor of the apartment: conclusion
There are many options for lighting the corridor in the apartment. It all depends on the size, shape of the room. Strongly influences the type of luminaires the overall style of the apartment and the lighting already available in it.