Among modern finishing materials, it is easy to choose the most unusual solutions for creating an exclusive interior, in particular, wallpaper for concrete. Such decoration is increasingly popular among fans of industrial style, but the severe and cold appearance of the concrete surface can fit into a much greater number of design options. Even if the apartment does not have an open concrete or brick wall, it is fairly easy create their imitation by selecting the appropriate wallpaper. The texture on them looks as realistic as possible, adding light negligence to the interior, and a rich palette of gray shades allows to show imagination and serves as a perfect background for the future situation. Among the many colors and variations of the texture of concrete on such wallpaper, it is easy to find the right finish for living room, dining room, kitchen and even bedrooms, Do not worry that the room will turn out to be too cold or will have an uninhabited appearance.
- Brutal charm
- "Concrete" wallpaper in the interior
- Features of the use of finishing "for concrete"
- Which style is better?
- Concrete in the living room
- Concrete in the bedroom
- Walls for concrete in the kitchen
Concrete has moved from factories and plants to spacious and comfortable lofts, becoming their integral part, emphasizing the industrial style of the dwelling of the new generation. Concrete walls, floors or ceilings turned into stylish accents, giving any room its rude charm. But designers do not limit the use of concrete for finishing only for loft style, this kind of decoration can take a worthy place in a variety of interiors. The concrete emphasizes rigor minimalism, add depth eclecticism, expressiveness classics or vintage style.
Many bare concrete walls are associated with unfinished construction, eternal repair, industrial areas. But you should get rid of this stereotype, because the correct use of concrete in the interior can emphasize the unique design of the room, add to it restraint, orderliness, nobility, delicacy.
Concrete in the appropriate environment will look extremely unobtrusive, serving as an ideal background for the environment and aesthetically attractive stylish accent.
Advice! Naked concrete wall itself does not represent design value, but works only in combination with the right frame and carefully selected elements of the whole situation.
But alas, it is not always possible to use this material in your home, it may not be an open concrete wall or it may be in an inadequate condition, and recovery will take a lot of time and effort. In this case, materials that simulate a concrete surface will help to touch the world of industrial romance. These include decorative plaster, panels and wallpaper. The latter are the simplest variant of finishing the walls for concrete, and in collections it is easy to pick up wallpaper that perfectly fits the width, the pattern, the shade.
"Concrete" wallpaper in the interior
The uniqueness of concrete as a finishing material lies in its versatility. Palette of gray shades (from the lightest to the graphite) perfectly harmonizes with many other colors, and the rough texture can be combined with a variety of finishing materials.
Wallpaper for concrete in the interior of a modern apartment can look so realistic that it is impossible at first glance to recognize imitation. This is especially true of quality products, which completely recreates not only the color and pattern on the material, but also the texture. In particular, this can be said about Fluffy wallpaper under concrete, which, when pasting walls create a smooth seamless coating with a characteristic relief, fully consistent with the original material visually. Make sure that this is just an imitation, you can only touch the wallpaper.
Wallpaper for concrete can be of two types:
- Non-woven under painting, imitating only the texture of concrete, while the color can be chosen by everyone, applying it on a 2-3 layer basis.
- Paper or vinyl photorealistic wallpaper, which visually do not differ from a smooth cement wall or more textural, for example, from slag blocks. On a realistic image can be present graffiti, traces of paint, rust, stains, etc. Due to various effects, you can beat a lot of design ideas.
Features of the use of finishing for concrete
Wallpaper for concrete can be bought for any room, regardless of its destination, but it is important to carefully design the design so that the end result does not cause discomfort. It will be appropriate to use bright or saturated color accents that favorably contrast with the gray shade of concrete walls: red, chocolate, white, black, purple, green, bright pink and others.
Advice! Wallpaper with texture for concrete perfectly combined with elements of finishing from natural wood, glass, metal, as well as all kinds of textiles, giving the atmosphere a special contrast and depth.
When choosing wallpaper, you should follow the following recommendations:
- The coarser the texture of the concrete on the wallpaper, the more elegant the furniture should be. In an interior it is necessary to use noble fabrics (silk, velvet), mirrors, Bright colors, so as to successfully beat the contrast.
- Wallpaper with imitation of smooth concrete will be a perfect background for leather furniture, decor objects from metal, glass. A successful carpet design will be a carpet, the color and length of the pile, which as closely as possible with the shade and texture of the concrete on the wallpaper.
- Cold shade on the wallpaper should be balanced with warm colors in the atmosphere, for example, with gray color, caramel, chocolate, copper, coral, bronze, mint, lemon, blue colors.
Which style is better?
The best wallpaper for concrete is suitable for interiors in styles:
- Loft or industrial - Wallpaper for concrete will be an excellent background for open communications, vintage furniture, industrial lighting, and an open layout and abundance of light will make the room comfortable and bright even with an excess of gray tones.
- Minimalism - Inexpensive texture and restrained palette of wallpaper for concrete underline the strict geometry of furniture and harmoniously complement the basic colors used in the finish (white, black, beige). Individuality will be given to such an interior by large mirrors in metal frames, different-level light.
- Modern - walls with concrete texture will be a good background for bright furniture items and fanciful forms, emphasizing their individual style without blocking up space. Glossy surfaces, glass and metal, an abundance of color and various textures perfectly in harmony with monochrome smooth concrete walls.
- Eclecticism - elegant antique furniture, carved facades of natural wood, forged items, crystal chandeliers, mirrors and paintings in carved frames, velvet or chiffon curtains with heavy brushes will look even more elegant, original and nobler against the background of the "concrete" walls.
Variation with the use of such material is appropriate for design in the styles of vintage, classic, neoclassicism, where the decoration of the walls under rough concrete can become a beautiful, even noble background for elegant furniture, and a textured contrast will favorably emphasize the interior features.
Concrete in the living room
In the living room, where the walls or part of them are decorated with wallpaper for concrete, it is easy to create a unique interior, using a similar finish as a neutral background, suitable for a variety of styles.
To make the room cozy, you should combine wallpaper for concrete with other materials. In particular:
- Darker and more invasive canvases can be combined with light ones, having beaten borders with the help of inserts of dark wood, rough decorative stone or brick, metal or mirror inserts.
- The walls of the living room, completely covered with light wallpaper for concrete, must be diluted with furnishings of natural wood warm shade, upholstered furniture with upholstery made of natural materials, bright decorative detailscurtains, pillows, mat).
- Successfully emphasize the texture of the wallpaper for concrete contour or spotlighting, as well as the possibility of direct access to natural light. Chandelier or sconce with crystal pendants will create spectacular highlights on a rough surface, revitalizing it, making it more cozy.
Advice! A wall with a "concrete" finish in the living room can allocate a functional area - fireplace, a sofa, canteen and others.
In the living room wall wallpaper for concrete should be selected taking into account the size of the premises. In particular, if a room has a large area, then a large, embossed texture on wallpaper, more saturated or darker color of the coating.
For a small living room, it is better to choose a wallpaper for concrete of light shade, imitating a cement plaster with a smooth surface.
If the wallpaper for concrete is still too bold move when decorating the living room, they can decorate the wall, which will later be installed bookshelves without a backdrop. Thus, the concrete texture will be visible, but it will be muffled as the shelves themselves, and what will be placed on them (books, photo frames, figurines, etc.).
Concrete in the bedroom
It would seem that in such an intimate room as a bedroom, the decoration with the use of wallpaper for concrete is inappropriate, but this is not so. More precisely, you should carefully consider the design of the bedroom, so that the concrete was only an accent, and not a foundation, preserving the comfort and comfort of this room.
To glue wallpaper on concrete is better only part of the bedroom, for example, a wall at the head of the bed, adjacent to it or the opposite. The wallpaper in this case is better to choose either textured, or with a pronounced pattern, color divorce, etc.
Successfully look solutions for the bedroom, when wallpaper for concrete combined with wood panels, parquet boards, laid on the walls. Romantics and comfort will add wide ceiling skirting boards white and stucco.
To a bedroom with "concrete" walls did not seem cold and uncomfortable, it is worth choosing for it the decorative and functional elements that are associated with warmth and comfort. These include:
- Quilted blankets and decorative cushions, stitched in the technique of patchwork.
- Tight curtains made of velvet or coarse flax, cotton, jacquard.
- Carpet with a long pile or fur made of natural fur.
Walls for concrete in the kitchen
Wallpaper for walls for concrete is ideal for kitchen or dining room, because they are easy to pick up a variety of furniture and appliances.
Concrete is perfectly combined with granite or artificial stone worktops, a tree of light colors.
Concrete wallpapers can be combined with apron of a variety of ceramic tiles, metal, tempered glass. A chess black-and-white apron from a small tile in combination with dark gray wallpaper and smooth texture will look spectacular.
Instead of lockers, open wooden or metal shelves will perfectly serve, through which the walls of "concrete" are visible.
Modern technology in stainless steel, black glass and even vintage (for example, a pot-bellied red refrigerator in retro style) will be advantageous to stand out on a concrete background.
Advice! The walls of the kitchen, covered with wallpaper for concrete, effectively complement other elements of decoration, for example, concrete floors or ceiling, the base bar counters and others.
By the way, moisture resistant wallpaper for concrete can be used even for finishing the apron or in rooms with high humidity, for example, bathrooms, toilets.
Wallpaper for concrete in the interior of a modern apartment looks alive and original, adding an interior to the industrial character, but not depriving home comfort. This decoration is the choice of people who value style and comfort, nonconformists, for whom fresh ideas and creative approach are important in everything.